Monday 14 April 2014

Hotel Chocolat You Crack Me Up Easter Egg Review






A few weeks ago, I was very lucky to win this Easter Egg from a fellow blogger. Mmmm free chocolate - lovely.

The egg is made of a mixture of milk and white chocolate and contains 12 smiley face pralines, happy chicks, bunnies and soldiers and altogether weighs 415 grm. The cost of the egg is £28 and it is suitable for vegetarians.

The box is lovely and sturdy and I'm sure that Miss Serendipity will have a use for it once all of the chocolate is gone.


So, on to the chocolate shapes inside of the egg. They are wrapped in tissue paper and stored inside the shell. The shapes will appeal to children, although youngest Miss Serendipity doesn't like praline, which the lighter smiley faces and the fried eggs contain. That's ok though, because luckily, I'm rather partial to it myself. The chicks are pure chocolate, the darker smileys are chocolate buttercream, the bunnies are caramel and the 'soldiers' are pure white chocolate. All are sweet and yummy, as you would expect.





And onto the shell. This is a marbled mix of white and milk chocolate. The chocolate is, as you would expect, creamy and delicious.

Would I buy this egg myself? I think the answer would have to be no. That is not because I dislike it, I like it very much. But at £28, it is way out of my price range to give as a gift. However, if you don't mind spending out on a special gift for a lucky person, then I'm sure that it will be received with glee and eaten with rapture.

I wish you all a very Happy Easter.



No comments:

Post a Comment