Tuesday 29 April 2014

Organic Instant Miso on the Go Review




Miso is a Japanese staple food and seasoning. It is a traditional remedy for digestive ailments and contains many beneficial amino acids, vitamins and minerals.

The product that I tried was Clearspring instant white Miso on the go with tofu. It comes in an individual sachet weighing 8grm, which is simply added to 160ml of hot water to make an instant portion and retails for around £1.29.

It is organic and suitable for vegans. Each block is freeze dried, locking in the nutrients and flavour.

I have never tried Miso before, so when I saw this, I thought I'd give it a go. On mixing, the Miso dissolves easily, and has a pleasant aroma - somehow it smells a bit like chicken soup. It has pieces of vegetables and tofu in, which compliment each other well.

Ok, now to the taste test. Stangely, it tastes a bit like chicken soup too. The vegetables are crunchy, the tofu is soft, which is a nice mixture of textures. The taste is rich and pleasing, but rather too salty for my taste. But then again, this is the nature of Miso.

I can see that this would make an ideal mid morning snack, and a small mug of it is surprisingly filling. But would I buy it again? No, I don't think that I would, purely because for 160ml, it is quite expensive, and as I say, I find it just a little too salty.

But if you see these little sachets in the supermarket, it's an easy way to try Miso. You might even like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment