Sunday 4 May 2014

Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' Chocolate Review






We love baking here at Serendipity Towers, so when I saw this Dr. Oetker's fine cooks' chocolate, I thought I'd try it out.

The chocolate costs around £1.60 from most supermarkets for a 150grm bar.

Whenever I have tried cooking chocolate before, I have always found that it to tastes quite bland. But on tasting, this was quite good. A nice chocolatey taste, which I could quite happily have eaten as it was.

The youngest Miss Serendipity decided to try to make some cup cakes with the chocolate. She broke the chocolate into a bowl, which she put above a pan of hot water to melt. The chocolate melted very easily and was very smooth and glossy.

She then folded the molten chocolate into her cupcake mixture. After cooking, the cakes where lovely and moist, with the chocolate marbled through them.




I would quite happily buy this chocolate again. There are many lovely recipes on Dr Oetker's website for the chocolate and for many more of their other home baking products.

Baking and Cooking with Dr Oetker

No comments:

Post a Comment