Thursday 1 May 2014

Rustlers Quarter pounder review



Rustlers Quarter pounder is a pre-cooked burger in a bun, with a separate slice of processed cheese and a sachet of Rustlers sauce. They are available in most supermarkets and retail for around £2 each.

I have seen these in supermarkets often, but have never thought to try them, as microwaving a burger seems a strange idea somehow. But when I received a voucher to try a free one, I thought I might as well give it a go.

Times of cooking depend on the strength of your microwave. I followed the instructions to heat the burger in the bun, which stated 80 seconds. After cooking, I used a food probe to check the temperature of the burger, which was still a little cool, so I put it in for a further 30 seconds, which did the job.

After cooking, add the slice of processed cheese and sauce to taste. I feel that the photograph on the pack is a little misleading, as it shows lettuce in the burger, but there is none.


So, onto the taste taste. Well, it tastes like any other burger to be honest. But as you can see from the photo, the bun doesn't take to being heated too well. It becomes denser and more tough. On the pack, it does say that you can toast the bun separately from the burger, which would solve the problem, but then the idea of a fast snack is lost. The sauce is nice. Somehow it tastes like the sort of vegetables that normally come with a shop bought burger. Personally, I would prefer real adding vegetables, but that's personal choice.

If you are looking for a convenient, fast snack, then these will do the trick. I enjoyed my burger, but I don't think that it is something that I would buy regularly. But if you are a fan of 'ding' meals, then I'm sure that you will like them.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I almost bought one of these last week when I saw it for £1, but like you thought it strange to microwave a burger. Think I'll give this a miss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pre-cooked, so you are just reheating it. It's fine.

    ReplyDelete