Really? I hear you say. 'But they're just doorways'

But let me give you an example:

This morning I was in the kitchen, and I needed to ask my daughter a question. I walked through the doorway to the sitting room and...................................

I couldn't remember what it was that I wanted to ask.

So yes, it's true. I'm sure that everybody reading this has suffered the same fate at some point.

Not all doorway portals are as strong as the kitchen/sitting room one.

Take the toilet to bathroom one. We seldom forget to wash our hands as we pass through the portal.

Some will lull you into a false sense of security for weeks or months, and then bam! They hit you quite unexpectedly.

So I urge you all to take care when passing through these portals. Especially the one on the front or back of your house.

It has a habit of making you forget your house keys, thus preventing you from returning through the portal - sneaky!