Saturday 6 June 2015

The passage of time



How the years fly by. It doesn't seem as though it was many weeks ago that it was Christmas, and here we are with the Summer fast approaching.

I'm sure that as we get older, the passage of time speeds up.

When I was young, days seemed to stretch ahead, unraveling themselves slowly and delightfully.

But now, they seem to be over in the blink of an eye.

No sooner have I got up, than it seems that it is bedtime once more.

We must remember to enjoy each day and live I to the full, because we never know which will be our last.

So, instead of spending the day doing mundane tasks today, I intend to get out and enjoy the world.

Hopefully I have many, many years left yet, but somehow, today, it seems the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment