Tuesday 25 August 2015

Life skills


Just recently I was contemplating going back to work part time.

Looking at the application form, as well as asking for academic qualifications, it also asked about life skills.

It made me think about my own life skills and just how many I had acquired over the years of bringing up my family.

I have learned to listen, care, be patient, juggle several activities at a time, run a home efficiently.

I have learned to be a nurse, an adviser, an agony aunt.

I have learned to trust my instincts, to adapt to sudden changes, persevere when things get tough.

I have learned to be a personal assistant, juggling the diaries of my family so that everyone could get the most out of their lives.

Throughout this time, I have grown as a person, gained confidence in my abilities and gained a wealth of knowledge along the way.

So when you next find yourself in a position of wondering what you have to offer others, give a thought to all of the wonderful things that you have learned over the years.

Realise that you have so much to offer, so much to give.

You are a very special person with a very special and unique set of life skills.

1 comment: