Wednesday 28 October 2015

A letter to my unborn son

The day that I found out that I was carrying you inside me was one of the happiest days of my life.

Weeks passed and something didn't feel quite right, but I hoped that you were well, growing stronger within me every day.

But then one day, there was so much blood! A trip to the hospital. A scan. No heartbeat. Drugs, pain and tears, and then you were gone.

All that was left was emptiness.

I never got to hold you, see your face, kiss your brow.

I never got to see you walk, go to school, grow up.

You would be 23 now – a man.

I often wonder what you would have looked like. Would you have my curly hair and blue eyes?

What interests would you have had, what job would you have taken?

Would you have a wife, children of your own by now?

Only one thing is certain my son. One day we will be together again.

Until then, I will love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment