Tuesday 6 October 2015

No more free bags!

I like to do my bit,
Recycle and such,
But paying for bags,
Is it just a bit much?

I always carry a bag,
When I go to the store.
It's always been ready,
That is for sure!

Charities get cash,
When we pay out our fee,
They're rubbing their hands,
Smiling in glee.

I suppose we'll adapt,
Remember our bags,
But when we forget,
Our smiles will flag.

At the end of the day,
It's only 5p,
We'll all keep on shopping,
Whatever the fee.

So the moral is clear,
If you want to save cash,
Make sure in your pocket,
You have a bag stash.





1 comment:

  1. I actually agree with the bag changes - I think it is going to cut consumption considerably. This is based on the facts in Wales where the consumption dropped a huge amount. Hopefully it will mean no more carrier bags rolling around the car park near where I live haha.

    ReplyDelete