Monday 4 January 2016

Happiness in the face of adversity

We all have days or longer periods of time where things just seem to go wrong for no apparent reason.

For me, today has been one of those days. From the moment that I got out of bed, it seemed that anything that could go wrong did.

During periods like this, it is very easy to get frustrated, angry and feel very unhappy.

But these negative emotions only serve to make these difficult times even more difficult.

By trying to stay happy and upbeat and even trying to laugh at the sheer unluckiness of the day, things won't feel so bad.

Being happy in the face of adversity is a choice that we can consciously make.

If we find ourselves becoming angry and frustrated, we should take a step back, take a deep breath and smile, despite the world throwing a spanner in the works.

And the day has yet more surprises for me, because just as I had finished writing this post, my browser crashed and I had to re-write it!

Despite the adversities of today, tomorrow is a fresh, new day. Let's just hope that it will run smoothly for both me and for you, my dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment