Tuesday 29 August 2017

Senior moments!

It is now official!
I'm getting quite old,
But my mind is still sharp,
If I might be so bold.

But, now and again,
Something goes wrong,
I'm never quite sure,
It's not been happening long!

Senior moments,
I think they are known,
Those times when your brain,
Out of the window has flown!

You know the ones,
A slip of the mind,
You put back your keys,
In a place you can't find!

When leaving a room,
You go through the door,
Then can't remember,
What you went in there for!

You put the milk in the cupboard,
Cereal in the fridge!
Do you think you are mad?
Well maybe a smidge.

You walk to the shops,
To buy lacking stuff!
But then it's forgotten,
Curiously enough!

You boil the kettle,
To make you some tea,
Check in ten minutes,
The cup's empty, you see.

I forget names,
What things are called,
It's annoying, too true,
I'm really appalled!

I'm really not mad,
I'm just getting on.
Cut me some slack,
Cos my brain's not quite gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment