Monday 8 January 2018

My name is Lazarus

My name is Lazarus,
A special sort of fish,
An easier type of pet,
You cannot possibly wish.

No walks or noise,
Just a flutter of a tail
Decorating your fish tank,
And munching the odd snail.

I like to eat cucumber!
A fresh slice everyday.
It gives me lots of energy,
To swim around and play.

Why my name?
I hear you say!
Very strange for a fish,
Who just hangs around all day.

This is why.............

I'm old you see,
Been around many a year.
But still full of life,
So of death I do not fear.

I like to rest,
Suckered underneath a log,
But when I fall asleep,
Staying stuck is such a slog!

My suck disappears,
To the bottom I do cruise,
Lying on my back,
Continuing to snooze!

Belly up on the bottom,
Oblivious to my owner's stare,
Dreaming of food,
Not listening to her prayer.

Don't let him be dead,
I will miss him o so much,
At her close friend,
She does so fiercely clutch!

I wake up just a bit,
And see her beady eye!
Flip, I'm back upright,
Through the water I do fly!

So now you know the truth,
Of how I got my name,
I rise up from the dead,

It is my claim to fame!

No comments:

Post a Comment