Tuesday 8 August 2017

I need a new oven!

I need a new oven!
My old one is dead.
It needs to come quickly,
Or none will get fed.

I look on the web,
A.O., they look fine,
I look and peruse,
Which one will be mine?

Ah, that one looks good,
I choose and I pay.
Not long now to wait,
Then I can play.

Two chaps have arrived,
They smile and say,
You'll have a new oven,
By the end of the day.

Inside of the hour,
They've finished the job!
They try the new oven,
By turning the knob.

It works! And I smile,
Happy am I,
I'm going to get cooking!
Tea time is nigh.

So I thank you A.O.,
For a job that was great.
They even cleaned up!
Really first rate.

3 comments:

  1. I've also been a happy AO customer. Great poem! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good aren't they. I've bought a few things from them now.

      Delete
  2. Thank you - I really am cooking on gas now :)

    ReplyDelete